I am I am. I'm glad I am.

Birthday Thought

On Wed, Aug 13 2008, in Leroy, by Leroy Leese

Today is my birthday. No big deal, entering a new decade. I don’t see any grey hair yet, although people have aged me at 40 …still getting over that one. Must be the wrinkles. Hopefully it means I am wise.

Today at the post office – the lady wasn’t being nice to me and I wanted to say to her, “You know, its my birthday, so maybe you can take it easy on me”. But then she confided that she had nausea and didn’t feel good so then I realized that maybe I could take it easy on her.

I’m tired of working two jobs and I wish I had more free time. At the same time, I like the extra money, even though I don’t have time to spend it. Blessing and a curse I guess.

9 Responses to Birthday Thought

1. Debbie Pate says:

Hey, Happy Birthday to you!! Sucks to get older, but we all gotta do it! Hope the family is doing well! Have you guys brought Emma to RBCS yet? I was out last week on vacation.

2. Bryan says:

Hey, maybe it is all that ear hair that makes you look old. Probably would make you even seem older if it was gray… 🙂

Hope your birthday was a good one!

Bryan

3. Becky says:

So…..the big 30 huh?! That just means I’ll be 30 next year, yuck! I’m not sure, but I think I’ve aged quite a bit with 4 kids and two dogs. I definitely feel a lot older than almost 30. I hope you had a great birthday. Do you have any plans of coming to PA anytime soon?
    Love,
    Becky

4. Leroy says:

I totally just received an AARP email. Sadness 🙁

5. Uncle Bill & Aunt Cheryl says:

Hey Birthday Boy,
    Feels good doesn’t it being called a boy?? Anyway we just want to wish you a belated birthday. It had to be great, you have your two girls to celebrate with.. Well Phil 30 really isn’t all that bad. And about the AARP.. wait till you get mail for being a Senior Citizen like me..
    Hugs and kisses to you all,
    Uncle Bill and Aunt Cheryl
    PS How about some more pictures.. Please!!

6. Rich says:

Happy Birthday, a little late, but still, hope it was a good one.

7. Sissy says:

Hey Philly…happy late birthday. I had been wondering how you were so I found your website tonight. I see you had a beautiful little girl – congratulations I’m so happy for you! Me and Jacque are pregnant too…in the 3rd month. Oh yeah, and we got married Sept 29th 2007. Email me some time between jobs and baby, I’d love to catch up. I’m so happy for you! Sissy

8. Mike says:

I’m stoked for AARP discounts. HECK YEAH.

Well, you just turned thirty, but in less than three months I’ll be in my EARLY THIRTIES. GAHHHHHHHHHH

9. Bonnie says:

Say kid, I remember when you were just 7. Down here in FL, they have a saying. “old is twenty years older then whatever you are”. Sounds good to me ! Enjoy your birthday month and your first great adventure with your new precious little one and Mommy !